One pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari – Enhealthy.com
A single pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium total wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm pieces and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups very hot water
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Warmth the olive oil in a huge cooking pot about medium-superior heat.
- Insert the minced garlic and cook dinner for a moment stirring with a picket spoon. Incorporate the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Insert half of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Insert calamari parts and rings, stir and cook dinner for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium. Stir in the orzo and cook for a minute, stirring once in a while.
- Pour in the hot water little by minimal stirring continuously with a picket spoon. The orzo will take in it quickly. It usually takes about 15 minutes for the orzo to cook dinner this way and turn into al dente. Not also tender when you bite it. Insert the rest of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, once you have stirred in all the water and the orzo has cooked to al dente, just take the pot off the heat and permit stand for a handful of minutes. The more orzo sits the a lot more it absorbs the sauce so will not fear if the sauce does not seem as thick. It will get there even if it is really eradicated from the warmth.
- Serve orzo with lots of freshly floor pepper, drizzle with olive oil on leading with basil leaves.
(Frequented 413 instances, 1 visits right now)