Strawberry and Feta Salad with Pecans · Seasonal Cravings
This Strawberry and Feta Salad with Pecans is the perfect early summer salad for healthy eating! It is full of powerhouse ingredients that you can feel good about eating every day of the week. The balsamic vinaigrette softens the kale and topping it with fresh, sweet strawberries and salty feta really takes it over the top. gluten free
This is one of my favorite go-to salads for guests or side dishes at dinner. It’s loaded with baby kale, strawberries, feta, pecans, and a delicious homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
If you are looking to make this Strawberry and Feta Salad with Pecans heartier, add some protein like rotisserie chicken or leftover pulled pork like this Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork.
We all know that eating more vegetables is good for us, especially when those are leafy greens. I find that using baby kale works better for those who don’t like lacinato kale. The leaves are more tender and palatable, in my opinion.
Health Benefits of Kale
- high in Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A
- low in calories with only 33 per cup
- high in fiber with 5 grams per cup
- loaded with antioxidants
- has more calcium than milk
NO wonder kale is called “the queen of greens”. Learn more about the health benefits of kale on Healthline in The 10 Benefits of Kale.
- baby kale – Personally I love using baby kale because it’s more tender and has a slightly milder flavor that people find more palatable. No need to massage this kale.
- strawberries – Of course, it is nice to have the freshest farmer’s market berries you can find but any strawberries will do. You could also substitute in blueberries or blackberries.
- pecans – I love using strawberries and pecans together but you can use walnuts, almonds, pistachios or even pumpkin seeds for crunch. If you really want to make this salad special try toasting your pecans first.
- feta cheese – Is there anything better? Feta adds such a salty punch. Make sure you break it up into really small pieces so you get a little bit in every bite.
- olive oil – When you are making a dressing it’s best to use extra virgin or virgin olive oil and it also packs a healthy punch.
- balsamic vinegar – Balsamic vinegar is so sweet and loaded with flavor it really makes this dressing pop.
- garlic – More flavor!
- dijon mustard – I always use grainy dijon mustard and love the texture it creates in this balsamic dressing.
Here are some other ways to get more kale into your life…
This healthy salad would be great for Memorial Day, Labor Day, or Fourth of July celebrations. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think! I’d love it if you could add a star rating ★ and a comment below. Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Kale and Strawberry Salad with Pecans
This delicious Kale and Strawberry Salad with Pecans is full of sweet and salty flavor and topped with a light lemon vinaigrette. gluten free
- 5 cups kale, chopped
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard I used grainy mustard
Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a medium bowl add the baby kale, strawberries, pecans and feta cheese. Pour dressing over top and toss gently.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 8406IU | Vitamin C: 133mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 2mg