TIMONIUM, Md. – Planet Fitness, one of the largest and fastest-growing global franchisors and operators of fitness centers with more members than any other fitness brand, will reopen its Harford County locations, Friday, June 19.
As an industry leader, the health and safety of Planet Fitness’ members and team members is a top priority. In preparation for reopening clubs and welcoming members back to the Judgement Free Zone® in a safe and responsible way, Planet Fitness has taken several steps to strengthen existing cleanliness policies and procedures, in an effort to protect the health and well-being of members, team members and the local community.
Some changes include:
· All team members will have completed extensive Car Accident Lawyers in Tampa training related to our enhanced cleanliness and sanitization policies and procedures.
· Team members will receive daily temperature checks when they arrive to work each day.
· Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant on the EPA list effective against COVID-19, including 20-minute walk arounds by our team to continually clean and sanitize high-touch areas
· Increased sanitization stations will be available throughout the gym floor and members will continue to be asked to wipe down equipment before and after use
· Touchless check-in is available via the free Planet Fitness app. Simply download the app in advance and scan in at the front desk
· Some pieces of cardio equipment will be temporarily marked out of use to enable Social Fitnessing™ and create additional 6 feet of distance between members.
· New signage will be placed throughout the club that highlights sanitization and Social Fitnessing™ guidelines.
· Per the Governor’s executive order, the clubs will operate at 50 percent capacity, and members and guests must wear masks when entering or exiting the facility and when interacting with staff or other guests.
The locations are as follows:
1008 Beards Hill Rd. Aberdeen, MD 21001
3442 Emmorton Rd. Abingdon, MD 21009
1449 Rock Spring Rd. Bel Air, MD 21014
All clubs will be open and staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For more information, visit www.planetfitness.com.
About Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, NH, Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. As of March 31, 2020, Planet Fitness had more than 15.5 million members and 2,039 stores in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia. The Company’s mission is to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®. More than 95% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.